Thursday, January 28, 2010

Inspiration...

Today at FIDM I talked to my class about how to get inspired. I think the best way to get inspired to is to start with yourself. Pick 3 to 5 things that you love. A photo, a trinket, a piece of jewelry, and anything else that simply makes you smile. What are the common colors? The common textures? The common era? The common vibe of them. You'll start seeing a pattern. For me, I love vintage 70's items, the feeling of fun & creative imperfection without judgement, layers of color and texture. I took these elements and used them as the color, theme, and vibe of ME & Blue.
The photo above is the epitome of my inspiration. I'm missing a tooth, a button, and my shoes are scuffed. The colors are faded but colorful, my mom looks uber glam, and I don't have a care in the world. I'm looking forward to seeing my students take their inspiration and create the look of their own store. XO, M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails