Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bye bye bachelorette pad

Today I moved out of my groovy studio apartment. My bachelorette pad was perfect for one (plus a dog). Wood floors, in a semi-dodgy neighborhood, its own parking spot, and a custom built cabana in the yard (below) that was bigger than the apartment itself. Some friends were appalled. I loved it. After owning a 100 year old house in Philadelphia, I was ready for simplicity and sunshine when I moved here 3 years ago.

Hummingbirds in my yard, a homeless guy living in the alley who washed my car, and Mi Ranchito mexican restaurant just down the street made it all perfect.

And now I'm ready to build a life with someone. I will miss my amazing neighbor, Justin, being just on the other side of the fence. But look forward to fabulous memories with friends like Justin to come and visit me just over the hill.

XO, M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails