Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Vintage scarves meets Kenzo.


I'm doing some trend spotting for Fall 2010. I know, I know. Spring 2010 is just starting, but I need to make sure that I'm on top of colors, silhouettes, and any vintage inspiration that I can pick up when I'm out shopping for the boutique. Plus --- If I see a fabric NOW that I want for later, I'm buying it. You never know when you'll find a yummy fabric.

Trends come from the streets to the runways. I spot them on campus at FIDM, on the groovy skateboarders who roll past the boutique on the way to Venice Beach, and getting coffee in the morning at FLAKE and checking out the hip stroller moms.

I've especially been drawn to the designs of KENZO. I remember loving this label in the 80's. It was always colorful and fun. As I was watching their runway show, I noticed that printed scarves kept happening.
Hmmm. Maybe, just maybe I'm ahead of this trend. Check out the fun selection of vintage styles that are now in store. $25 and $35. We even put up a new rack to display 'em on. How's that for trend spotting?

XO, M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails