Saturday, April 3, 2010

pondering studio space...

Right now my "design studio" is the 3rd bedroom in the townhouse that I'm sharing with my fiance. It houses a closetful of vintage samples, original samples from my collection, and leftover fabric. My collage books of inspiration are piled up there, too. Rolls of fabric are stored at the boutique in the stockroom, and the rest of my patterns and trims are downtown with my production team. I keep thinking of how nice it would be to have it ALL in one place.
I saw this studio space the other day and loved it. Downtown LA is full of fabulous working loft spaces. When the timing and price are right, I look forward to a sunny space like this. As ME & Blue grows organically, it makes sense to streamline my production.
And the view out the window of this Shepard Fairey "Obey" poster keeps me wondering, how did they get that up there? Hmmm... well, if I don't get this loft space, I can always get the poster.

XO, M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails