Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Art anytime...

I took this photo of my art collection before I moved out of my bachelorette pad recently...

I love collecting art from artists on the Venice boardwalk, to funky gallery openings, random vintage pieces, and even an Ikea piece (if it looks good enough). I've even added a few of my own collages to my collection. My colorful collection was even used in the inspiration for the design of the ME & Blue logo and graphics last year.

I bought this from RT on the Venice boardwalk in the winter of 08. It was around $20.

I made this collage in '07 in a night class with my friend T.A.

I bought this at a thrift store 10 years ago. It used to hang in my house in Philadelphia. Now it's in our kitchen.

Matthew Weidmann did the piece at the top left in 07. I bought it at the Melrose and Fairfax market one random weekend. The Daisy and "Love More" are by RA RA SupersaRR. Another Venice, CA artist. He even took credit cards on the boardwalk and dated them 12/11/08 when I bought them.

I bought this fun piece at the LA opening of The Present, a fun surf film by Thomas Campbell. I wish I knew the artist, "SK" who was so inspired by surfer CJ Nelson...

I'm in the middle of watching Herb and Dorothy, a documentary about these fun & eccentric NYC art collectors.
Now I'm inspired to find more pieces. Hmmm...when's the next downtown LA artwalk? I'm so there!
XO, M.E.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails