Thursday, October 14, 2010

Rockin' the Rose Bowl

It's been a fun filled week to get ready for my wedding.

I love the "Rose Bowl" monthly flea market in Pasadena, and I convinced Dave to join me this past Sunday on the quest for our perfect wedding cake toppers. It was hot, hot, HOT!
I wanted to swing by and say a quick hello to Erin Tavin of Tavin boutique in Echo Park. She has such an amazing eye and her store is pure Parisian magic. She has a booth at the Rose Bowl every month.
Then it was off to shop for wedding cake toppers. I went booth to booth in the home section, asking "Do you have any wedding cake toppers?" We did find a couple of animals that represented our brood, but no bride & groom at the market.

We were off to get some air conditioning, and took a quick peek in the Comic & Collectors section, downstairs. We ran across this groovy table of hip comedians and their quarterly "Devastator" book. Dave bought the t-shirt and we were off...

We left the Rose Bowl sans a wedding cake topper, but made a stop at the 99 Cents Only Store. I admit it, I'm a fan. And guess what I found? Ta da!

And the figurines that weren't quite what represented us? Dave took the Sharpie pen to the groom's hair as well as the dog that represented dog, Chase.
Whew!

XO, M.E.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails