Saturday, November 26, 2011

I finally get grunge...

As a new mom, I am juggling staying at home with the baby along with keeping my business running. Netflix and Hulu have become my new stay-at-home friends to keep me entertained while nursing. And with that comes inspiration.

So when I saw the movie "Pearl Jam 20" come up on instant view on Netflix, I wasn't sure if it would be something that I would enjoy. I've never been a Pearl Jam fan. I was a New Wave girl and liked bright colors, nerdy boys, and sunshine. Pearl Jam and grunge represented gloomy weather, heroin chic, and plaid (yuck!) shirts.

The movie "Singles" was the closest I got to liking grunge. But I kept watching it to see Campbell Scott (who looks an awful lot like my hubby), and to drown my tears after a breakup in my twenties.

And remember Marc Jacobs designing grunge clothing for Perry Ellis? The fashion was so bad that he was fired... uh oh!

Somehow, though, I found myself a Pearl Jam fan today. After watching Pearl Jam Twenty, I'm mezmerized by Eddy Vedder and his band. I love how they took on Ticketmaster years ago and enjoyed seeing him dive into the crowd in his younger days. Directed by Cameron Crowe, great job!

XO, M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails