Monday, May 11, 2009

Production!


I love the idea of being a vertical company. It means in the fashion business to make your own garments and to retail them as well. I buy the fabrics here in LA, have a local patternmaker and seamstress make the small lots, and sell the wares locally. It's a lot of work, but a ton of fun to pick out the fabrics, perfect the patterns with my contractor, and start seeing the finished results. I'm able to be creative, react quickly to the needs of my customers, and spend my energy doing what I do best...making cute, reasonably priced garments that turn heads everytime. What will be even more fun will be seeing the ME & Blue label when I am out and about here in LA. I'll be adding touches of vintage goodies that I hand-pick, and a few fabulous labels to the ME & Blue boutique mix. Tommorow I'm off to buy "Blood is the New Black", a line of tees that supports artists here in the US. XO, M.E.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails