Wednesday, August 12, 2009

When I'm not thinking about fashion, I...

I just got accepted into INDEPENDENT FASHION BLOGGERS group (yay!)  I'm enjoying posting my ideas and inspiration here.  But I love what the founder of the blog, Jennine talked about yesterday.  What to do when we're offline?  

I'm creative and constantly on the go.  I need my technology.   I need ideas to help me figure out what styles to design, what trends to chase.  But I also need to recover from it all.  I challenge myself, my students at FIDM, my boyfriend, and even my customers to get off their cell phones and communicate.  Just do nothing.  Hit the mute button...and have fun. 

 So we took a road trip!  Here are some images of me having fun in San Diego at The Pearl hotel recently.  Just 2 hours from LA, sometimes it takes a couple of days, a bit of $, and the "off" button to get things into perspective.  Dave and I parked the car for 24 hours, and just walked around and relaxed in the Point Loma area of San Diego.  Here's what we discovered...

"Test Driving" a vintage Landcruiser just next to The Pearl that I have no business buying.  But it's SO0000 cute.  It's blue (it works well with my store name), it's my favorite color, and has the faint smell of my first car--- a VW Squareback.  
  
Beer from Point Loma Seafood (uuh...so amazing!)  
Lounging on the shag rug in The Pearl's lobby / play area with Dave.  
This coming Sunday, I'm looking 
forward to another down day.  I'll
keep you posted!
XO, M.E. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails