Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Why did the turtle cross the road?

To go to Joshua Tree!

Dave and I took a detour home today from our weekend in Palm Springs. I keep hearing about Joshua Tree... so we went for a fun adventure. My mom always said that I need to have a bumper sticker on the back of my car that says, "I brake for thrift stores". Yep. Dave and I had lots of fun as I made him completely nuts braking along.

My favorite stop today? This fun turtle in Joshua Tree. Check out our timer shots of Murtle the Turtle. I'm now convinced that timer shots are the best way to take fun, spontaneous, silly photos.
Setting up the camera. Ooops...the shutter closed a bit quickly.

A bit fuzzy, but I still like it.

Voila. You be the judge.

Other faves from our quick trip to Joshua Tree today...
Harmony Motel. We stopped by today... pretty cute!
29 Palms Inn. Another fun boutique motel that is calling me to go back.
Gram Rabbit. I saw them in concert a year or so ago. Pretty darn cool. Quirky, kooky, and fun. Just like our day in the desert. Here's a video of their fun music...


XO, M.E.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails