Monday, August 30, 2010

granny carts, garment dye, and a cool cat

I'm excited to roll out the first batch of custom colors of our favorite styles. The process of making it all is a bit more involved (lab tips, color matching, white cotton t-shirt material & white cotton thread), but I can't wait for the fun new colors in our top selling styles to arrive.

I started with colors, and my inspiration behind them...

RED...
I love this rose that inspired the pretty deep red color for the collection.


GREEN...
The army trend is hot this season, but I like a more toned down, happier army green. It kindof looks like this... mint leaves from the garden outside at Big Red Sun.

BLUE!
I love navy blue. It's the perfect alternative to black, but does the same figure-hiding work. It's even better, though, because it brings out your color...hair, eyes, you got it! I love the blue used in this needlepoint butterfly...let's call it "Butterfly Blue".

... so I got swatches of colors and took my items to the dye house today.
And then I hauled them into the dye house. Gotta love that granny cart!
... and the resident cat, "Mischief" who is always there to say hello.
This lucky cat decided that she needed a new home a few months ago. Who wouldn't want to live amongst lots of color, a bustling atmosphere, and loving admirers?

I'm looking forward to going back at the end of the week to pick up my colorful cotton styles and say hello to the cute cat!

XO, M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails