Thursday, August 19, 2010

Vegas, baby... part 2

I got a bit more camera happy yesterday and took photos of the fun (and lots of work!) that I was having in Vegas.

In the morning, I took a shuttle over to Mandalay Bay to check out the Pool Tradeshow. This is the place where the hip, indie designers show their wares. And it's always fun to check out the people on the bus. The guys in front of me were speaking Italian...

I was happy that Hullabaloo was there. I do my own vintage shopping for the boutique, but belts and rings are hard to keep in stock. I was happy that they had some groovy vintage deadstock to help me out!
Then I headed to the back of the show to see my friend, Beth Nielson. I repped her line when I first moved to LA. Groovy recycled cashmere called "Vintage Creations". It was good to see her!
I came across a fellow Venice gal, Yanique with her groovy ring collection, "Confection Jewels". She had stopped by my boutique last year, so we talked about a trunk show. Aren't these rings cute?
And I had to say hello to Linda Smyth at Fleathers. She owns Topstitch boutique in Philadelphia. When she first opened it up, her boutique was in my former space in Philadelphia. We're both happy to have first floor boutiques now!
And then there was Heidi Roland. It was nice to finally meet her! I also repped her line for a bit and she had these groovy suede wrap bracelets. I'm testing them in the boutique to see if my Venice gals like them...

Then I was off to the Project Tradeshow....
That's part 3 of Vegas, Baby!

and p.s. - I rocked the "Nicole" dress yesterday. Perfect for the desert heat outside, and perfect to pack. Yay!

XO, M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails