Saturday, July 30, 2011

London Calling

My hubby, Dave and I have finally taken a long awaited honeymoon / now babymoon to our favorite city, London! Here's what the trip has been like so far...

We saw this bus on the 405 freeway in LA on the way to LAX. A sign of a great trip to come. If I can laugh that early in the morning, it's a good thing!


Jetlag day 1. We settled in nicely to our VRBO pad in the Islington area of London. I fell in love with the space immediately. A perfect mix of a renovated row home, modern touches, and a lovely garden. Very very nice! Still jetlagged. Time to take a photo of my baby bump.

And more jetlag. Time to stock up on all of my British fashion magazines. I love how they give you free lipgloss, eyeliner, and even horoscope guides along with magazine itself.


Day 2 ... off to the London Eye.

Then we realized that it would take some time to go around. With my impatience and claustrophobia. Uuh, no thanks. But it was fun to look at from the ground.


And we landed right next to the Vintage Festival at the Southbank Centre. Check it out!




It was crowded!

I love vintage clothing. I sell less of it in the boutique than I used to, but it's a huge source of inspiration for my line. And there was plenty of inspiration to go around!

One of favorite booths was Strawberry Kats. They're stuff has a vintage vibe and it super wearable. I'm always a sucker for cutout shoulders and pretty prints.

And this fun pillow from Retro Pigeon was a gift for baby-Blue to be. I hope she loves vintage stuff as much as me!

And I'm always a fan of fun vintage/bamboo furniture. This chair looks like a flower. Love it!

Dave even got in a jam session on this British Music Experience groovy vintage double decker bus. We went upstairs and checked out the recording studio!


And I felt like a modern day groupie as I went down the tiny little staircase.

More updates to come from London. In the meantime, our AB FAB British sales girls Henny, Caroline, and a guest appearance from Danielle are keeping the boutique rolling. Shop guys Sean and Phillip are also helping to keep things moving along. Aah, how I love a little vacation. Cheers!

XO, M.E.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails