Thursday, August 12, 2010

ring a ling! KCRW's pledge drive

Twice a year KCRW does a pledge drive. I first discovered KCRW when I came to LA for buying trips. I fell in love with "Morning Becomes Eclectic" and would stream it live, even though it was officially the afternoon in Philadelphia. Hearing the show would remind me of the sunshine and feeling that I had when I visited LA.

Several years later, I now live in LA and listen to KCRW.com as much as I can. I love Jason Bentley in the mornings, Anne Litt when I am walking the dogs on the weekend, and Raul Campos just before I go to sleep.

So when the pledge drive happens twice a year, I head to Santa Monica College and answer phones as listeners pledge their support. My favorite is when an "Angel" pledges $365. Volunteers in the phone room all clap, and we ring bells.

And...if you love KCRW and love my boutique, listen during the drives as you can pledge to receive $75 Gift Certificates to ME & Blue.

XO, M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails