Thursday, August 18, 2011

fabric, fabric everywhere!

As the ME & Blue collection has grown, so has my assortment of fabrics.

I used to house my fabrics in a couple of round bins and have a few in the stockroom of the boutique. Then I grew to renting a small studio space downtown. And the fabric kept growing.
I spend more & more time downtown on producing the ME & Blue line for the boutique as well as wholesale accounts around the country. And things had to change.

Here's what we did...

Found a good shelving unit. I liked these!

Have one more roll around on the fabric. Didn't I tell you? There's a lot of fabric. And this baby momma-to-be is getting organized!

Get the shelving unit delivered. The guy running the freight elevator wasn't so happy with us.

Then Sean & I cleared out some space to assemble it the unit.



Sean did the heavy lifting, I just pointed out what had to be done. Sometimes it's fun being the boss.


Cindy came by to say hello and leant a helping hand. She has a studio space for herself and had plenty of experience putting these things together.



Whew! Much, much better! More images of the newly organized studio space to come.

XO, M.E.







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails