Monday, September 12, 2011

Billy goat, lovely lambs, and the county fair

Last week I got to spend some quality time with my family after my grandfather had passed. In the small town of Cherokee, Oklahoma, the Alfalfa County Fair is a big deal.

I had already established my love for Billy, the goat owned by our friend Lindy and her family.
When we heard that Billy was going to be at the fair, even better! We arrived shortly before the "Goat Show."

We took a quick tour of the arts & crafts section. Isn't this peacock feather filled boot great?
Maddy, Lindy's 11 year old daughter, won a gold ribbon for it, cool!

Before hitting the goat show, we got a glimpse of the other fun animals...
The no name pig. I prefer to call him "Wilbur." Oh so Charlotte's Web, no?!



Baaaaah!

Of course, I thought of the fashionable influence of these lovely lambs. Don't their groomed legs look reminiscent of these groovy boots from Isabel Marant? Who knew?!



Then it was time for Billy to hit the stage...




Alas, Billy got 3rd place in this competition.

But back at the farm, it was all smiles.

XO, M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails