Thursday, September 8, 2011

this and that, prairie style...


Ahh, what a few weeks it has been.

In the midst of ME & Blue launching its fall collection at the Magic show in Las Vegas, I got word that my 100 year old grandfather was nearing the end. Off to Cherokee, Oklahoma I went for a few days... that has turned into a couple of weeks. It has been a blessing to see life go out as I feel new life inside of me.

Goofing around in Oklahoma... a week later, a more formal ceremony would take place.

I'm used to high rises and mountains as landmarks when I am driving. In small towns like Alva, Oklahoma, the grain elevator is a typical sight.


Sunset at the Great Salt Plains. Gorgeous. It's a great place to dig for salt crystals.

I love this sign, in nearby Helena, Oklahoma. It always makes me laugh.

Chilling out on the front porch. Fake beer and watching the traffic go by in the small town of Cherokee, Oklahoma.

We all stayed at my grandparent's house. And got the player piano going.

A formal funeral... my grandfather was the Chief of the Border Patrol and had a beautiful ceremony full of Border Patrol officers who did an amazing job of honoring his life.

He wrote this book , "The Journey" that discusses the significant historical events of his career...

Flags, 21 gunshots, and lots of olive green. The uniforms looked the same as they did 70 years ago.


Each rose represented a member of the Ster/Hughes/Molnar families. I view funerals as a chance to think and celebrate the best of the person and to think about how you want the rest of your life to go.

Later that day... a drive in the old pickup truck.
With my sister, Blue and her hubby, Kevin and Sallie who was all smiles.







Later that evening, family time at the Great Salt Plains State Park. Gorgeous.

It's been great to spend time with family and I'm fortunate to have a loving hubby who has been taking care of my life in LA. I can't wait to see him in a couple of days!

And many thanks to the ME & Blue gals (and guys!) who have helped me keep the business running while away.

XO, M.E.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails